Comments

< Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
clive mottian on August 30, 2016 at 1:33 PM said:

I cannot locate the lesson on "And I love her"

Please assist !
Hi mr. teacher on July 27, 2016 at 8:18 PM said:

I have a request for the song Quando Quando I hope add this to the list.

ozcara7@hotmail.com
antoniomatos95@hotmail.com on January 9, 2016 at 8:01 PM said:

Ineed more scale patterns
Nigel Bruce on September 5, 2015 at 6:52 AM said:

Hi Rich, how about doing something on Charlie Christian's style.
I'd love a lesson ( a series?) on how Charlie incorporates all those marvelous licks into an entire solo.

I'm sure such a lesson would be very popular as Charlie's music has influenced so many different styles from Western Swing to Bebop to Jump Blues, to modern blues to Rock'n'roll.

Cheers, Nigel ( Liverpool UK)
Gary Bonura on May 25, 2015 at 6:30 AM said:

I've been working on the min7b5 inversions for a while and found a cool thing. Since each min7b5 chord is one step away from a diminished 7th chord (e.g. Bm7b5=B D F A...Bdim7=B D F Ab), you can play each Dim7 chord 4 steps up or back, raise THAT one note 1/2 step and use that m7b5 chord to substitute for the previous one. Anyway, it's another cool substitution to add to a very cool concept that this lesson provides. Thanks Rich!
Paul Cardenas on May 7, 2014 at 4:50 PM said:

This one time, at Band Camp.... Well, last week was just perfect. Thanks for helping me out of my guitar coma and teaching me to think rhythmically and methodically on the fretboard. I've learned more in three days than I have in the past 10 years, and I'm swingin now! Your bassist, keyboardist and drummer really inspired us all to get up to snuff and dig deeper. Thanks too for all the big-ticket licks, theory and patience. See you next time (which I hope isn't too far off - September maybe?).
AD on March 10, 2014 at 7:15 AM said:

Rick,

This is the best lesson site on the internet... I have downloaded several of your jazz and finger style arrangements and I was hoping that you could compile a list of favorite openings and turn arounds. Those are always fun and interesting to interchange.

Thanks,
AD
gary on February 21, 2014 at 11:54 AM said:

Hi- New to the site- tons of great stuff 2 work on. You said to sk if you don't see it- well, I was looking for info on Wes Montgomery's block chords, which I gather are minor inversions alternating with dim played as scale tones. I am working on your triple stops which is nice, but looking for the Montgomery block style too- any luck? Thanks
Nick Buchanan on December 20, 2013 at 7:48 AM said:

Rich, your chords for the Nat King Cole 'Christmas song' are the best I have ever seen - and your playing is delightful. You have a great 'touch.' I'm glad I found your website - it's a treasure trove - and such GREAT value. Simply Outstanding!!!
Tim Everett on December 4, 2013 at 9:31 AM said:

Rich

Your lessons are excellent. Through them I've made more progress with the guitar than I have made for years.

Thanks
peter smart on October 13, 2013 at 6:08 AM said:

Re Clifford Brown's"Joy Spring"lesson added this week.I have been trying for years to transcribe the Joe Pass version and could never quite get it right Having now seen your lesson I now seen why.Great lesson.Thanks.
Dagoberto Teixeira on October 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM said:

Mr. Rich, it's a pit that was impossible to "enter" in your site. I tried to pay by paypal, credcard, etc. Impossible!!!
I love jazz, I'm doctor " ofthalmologist and I've studied since was 15 years. bossa nova, jazz.
In Brazil we don't have school like yours.
What I have to do to get your class?
ziladago@yahoo.com.br
Peter King on March 20, 2013 at 10:30 AM said:

I just finished your lesson on “Misty.” First, I want so say that the arrangement was beautiful, with lush chords and harmony. I enjoy your explanations of chord substitutions and find them very helpful for my musical education. I appreciate your generous educational offerings to the “masses” and thoroughly enjoy the video lessons. I hope you keep doing them for a long time.
Dave Smith on March 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM said:

My 2 cents. Richs approach is the most practical and fastest way to get up to speed with playing jazz guitar. He puts aside all the nonsense that we all have gotten bogged down in which prevents us from doing what we want to do...Play Jazz Guitar.
Steve Elk on March 17, 2013 at 8:58 AM said:

I have been playing for fifty years and I have not come across advanced lessons that come close to what Rich has been teaching. He teaches step by step standards that I love and his approach makes it very learnable.
< Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >

D'AddarioD'Addario Eastman Guitars StoreD'AddarioD'Addario http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.strumments.org.uk%2FESW%2FImages%2Fhofner_logo2.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.strumments.org.uk%2F&h=167&w=300&tbnid=fcVtBdqAyxsAWM%3A&zoom=1&docid=KFViYmN8pYyNxM&ei=iiqyU-PeO4eAogTpzYCwCw&tbm=isch&ved=0CCIQMygEMAQ&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1322&page=1&start=0&ndsp=15 http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.strumments.org.uk%2FESW%2FImages%2Fhofner_logo2.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.strumments.org.uk%2F&h=167&w=300&tbnid=fcVtBdqAyxsAWM%3A&zoom=1&docid=KFViYmN8pYyNxM&ei=iiqyU-PeO4eAogTpzYCwCw&tbm=isch&ved=0CCIQMygEMAQ&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1322&page=1&start=0&ndsp=15                   ___   V