Comments

JeanPierre on April 17, 2012 at 12:24 PM said:

This is an excellent collection of lessons! Rich, you have mad a dream of mine come true! I have never found lesson like these - they really work - I'm comping! Thanks!
Fredo on April 8, 2012 at 8:14 AM said:

This is a fantastic site, I'm gIad there are foIks Iike you sir to teach those in worId wishing to Iearn. Thank you for making the art of jazz guitar accessibIe, I've Iearnt so much and i've onIy seen one video.
Ken Lehman. on April 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM said:

Love the Boogie Lessons I bought and am learning them pretty fast thanks to your exceptional teaching style
Emil Dobrac on March 30, 2012 at 10:18 PM said:

Dear Mr. S,
First off, you are doing a terrific job, and have helped my playing a great deal. I thank you so much, and will continue to purchase your lessons.
Thanks again for everything,
Aaron on March 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM said:

Loved that ‘kickin back blues’ Very WES – without being Wes
Nice
Tony R on March 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM said:

Hello Mr. Severson, I stumbled across your site quite by accident (youtube) and was pleasantly surprised by the level of your playing (I was expecting something cheesy). You're the "Real Deal!"
Anyhow, bravo, and thank you for your sight, something guys like me can use to help us advance. Your arrangements are beautiful yet challenging and give me something to strive toward.
I'll be back (I get paid Thursday). I spent $24 last night.
Joseph Henry on March 13, 2012 at 5:01 PM said:

I just wanted to say thanks for the fantastic lessons. I have been practicing chord licks and green dolphin street. I have learned more from these in the last couple of weeks than any other books or dvd's that I have tried. Your style is so relaxed and encouraging and you simplify concepts that I have struggled to get my head and ears around just by showing how it's done. I am very grateful for this and so glad that you decided to share your knowledge in such an accessible way. It's a real pleasure to watch and listen to you explain what's going on.

Sincere thanks and best wishes Rich.
Alex Groundy on March 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM said:

Just a quick mail to thank you for your free lesson, the way you look tonight, I have played the guitar for about 50 years, Rhythm, lead etc, but I have always fancied Jazz, but never got round to it, your lesson is brilliant and very helpful even to an experienced player like me, I will certainly buy some more from you, although it may be a couple of weeks, there are some chords in this one, lol. Thanks again and good luck with your business, I have given your website to quite a quite a few work colleagues all musicians.
Jaco Doe on March 8, 2012 at 9:18 PM said:

Rich and team

Just tell u, that you guys do an awesome JOB!!

thanks a lot
Tony Gaudioso on February 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM said:

I must commend you on your lessons. I am a retired schoolteacher and I always made sure that I presented my lessons in as clear a manner as possible, which is exactly what you do here.
I just received your lesson on the substitutes used on One Note Samba. I learned more from this video than I ever did paying $50 for personal guitar lessons for years.
Howard on February 16, 2012 at 5:03 PM said:

Your site is serving a true service to serious musicians. The info and convenience has changed my playing. Rich is a wonderful teacher and player, and his ideas, approach and easy manner all add up to a great online experience.
Robert Collins on February 15, 2012 at 8:21 PM said:

Dear Rich Severson, Thank you so very much for the free lesson Some where over the Rainbow.simplified,
It is only my first year into jazz guitar, having played classical for a lot of years, your lessons are
so easy to understand and follow,myself like many others will find your expertise teaching abilities fantastic.
Its like finding GOLD, I will without doubt be sending for more material,and passing the word.
Mario Paparozzi, Ph.D. Professor and Chair, Depar on February 14, 2012 at 9:18 PM said:

A couple of months ago, while looking for something on youtube, I stumbled upon you and your lessons. I went to you website, and bought a lesson on Green Dolphin Street. After that I bought your diminished scale and Jazz 101 lessons. I was wondering if you also sell DVDs of the lessons. I like being able to download them from the links, but I would like to have hard copies (actual DVDs) just in case someday the links no longer work.

I have been playing for 40+ years. Now at age 62, I finally have a bit more time to devote to studying and practicing. I gig every weekend, but I am still a neophyte when it comes to jazz soloing. My goal has always been to integrate jazz type solos into my rock/blues playing. I love the fact that your lessons are written in musical notation. I think that it is important for guitar players to learn how to read music - I am trying. Your teaching style is superb. I have watched countless instructional videos over the years. Like you, many of the players are terrific. Unlike you, they do not have the ability to actually teach the material effectively. I may never master the material that you teach at the level that I would love to, but I certainly wil die trying to do so.

If you can recommend some of your lessons that I should pursue initially, I would appreciate that. Finally, I noticed that you sometimes do workshops. Is there a way that I can find out about the workshops?

Thanks again for being such a great teacher!
Lenny Cirignano on February 13, 2012 at 2:38 PM said:

I recently discovered your 99cent lessons and am really enjoying your Autumn Leaves videos. I have been a guitar student for many years (with and without teachers) and really appreciate your very practical and musical chord comping and chord melody arrangements. I'm looking forward to working through the other videos I purchased. Your videos are just what I needed to make noticeable progress. Thanks for a great resource.
Duncan Herring on December 29, 2011 at 6:09 PM said:

I downloaded your Christmas recordings today. What a great gift. And every time I practice, I appreciate the wonderful lessons that I purchased from your site.

Thank you so much.