Comments

Pete on December 1, 2011 at 11:07 AM said:

Great stuff- filling in alot of gaps for me! I'll be ordering more....
Don Geppert on November 28, 2011 at 9:51 AM said:

I recently discovered your site (through searching on U-Tube for an arrangement of Tenderly).

Anyways, I purchased two arrangements (Tenderly and Sleepwalk) and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation style. The video along with the excellent tab/notation pdf were picture perfect for learning the song. I was a college teacher for 26 years so I know what education presentation is all about. Your's is first class.
Nick Bryant on November 26, 2011 at 6:48 AM said:

Just wanted to let you know that I just began working on When You Wish Upon a Star. I am very happy with your lessons and plan on coming back for many many more. Great Job.
Frank Spinelli on November 25, 2011 at 11:24 PM said:

The 21 jazz chord licks I just purchased is a real eye opener and very useful to me
Anthony Perano on November 22, 2011 at 8:44 AM said:

I downloaded a lesson yesterday and all features worked fine. It was BeBop builders and I would like you to know it was the best lesson I have had - it really put the concepts together with the practice - and nice and simple. Although I play piano - there are not any sites that come close to yours in substance. Also -you play a mean guitar.
Steve deLaet on November 21, 2011 at 8:56 PM said:

Just wanted you to know that I really appreciate your quick response and I think you have a great thing going. Your teaching method is really outstanding. I'll be a good customer since this complements my guitar lessons so well.

Yes, I'll spread the word.
Michael Murray on November 15, 2011 at 8:57 AM said:

I have been working on some of your “Chord Moves” ................some wonderful ideas and progressions that are easily adapted into many standard jazz tunes.
I wish I had discovered you and been learning from you much sooner.
Okay, so I’m an extremely late bloomer.
All the best.
Frank Reina on November 10, 2011 at 9:22 AM said:

I really like your approach and with some hard work on my part, believe
your instruction video's will make me a much better player
Greg Rengering on November 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM said:

Thank you for these lovely and interesting chord licks. These are the types of ideas that I want to incorporate into my fingerstyle playing. You are a wonderful
teacher and I'm grateful to have found your website. As Chet Atkins once said about Lenny Breau, "if it wasn't for Lenny, I don't think that I would have any licks".
Thanks again and please keep up these lovely musical ideas.
Mike Odell on October 8, 2011 at 4:09 PM said:

I'm learning so much from your lessons and have been building my guitar library with them. Keep up the great work. Any chance you could do a lesson on the solo you did on the Pick Up the Pieces jam track. That was a great solo and I'd love to learn it.
Dennis Kaperick on September 21, 2011 at 11:42 AM said:

I just want to thank you for your unselfish approach to teaching. I have been playing and teaching guitar almost 50 years and I have learned so much from your arrangements. Thanks and keep up the good work.
Bill Meacham on September 19, 2011 at 2:30 PM said:

Bought "Willow Weep for Me". This is the kind of song that fits so well as a chord melody. I really like your "bluesy" arrangement which is a great motivator for me to practice vs. a more traditional more boring feel. Great stuff.
Steve Vetter on September 19, 2011 at 2:26 PM said:

Hi Rich, hope you don't mind that I send this to you. This stuff is much harder than guitarist's realize!!
Thanks for everything that you do. Every penny that I've spent on your lessons has been a "sound" investment. You are wonderful.
Steve Vetter
Bo B from Chicago on September 5, 2011 at 5:33 PM said:

Just wanted to let you know that the Just Friends lessons are incredible!

Especially the Improv Insights lesson where you discuss outlining the changes with Chord Tones, and voice-leading them, superimposing arpeggios, and scale choices.........then to boot a couple of extra choruses of you soloing at the end.

There is a ton of great info here that of course can be applied to other tunes also.

I especially liked the part on the video where you are doing descending chromatic Guide tones and showing us how to use them in a solo.......A lot of the instructional materials out there do not address the fact that you can use guide tones that target many different notes besides just the 3rd and the 7th..............

I also figured out some comping using those chromatic guide tones as a top voice in my chord........Wow, what an effect!

Thanks again, and you deserve special recognition for having such great, well thought out lessons, and especially for selling them at such a good, reasonable price........
Frank Dunbar on August 30, 2011 at 3:48 PM said:

Excellent lessons -- lovely playing on the videos.

D'AddarioD'Addario Eastman Guitars StoreD'AddarioD'Addario http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.strumments.org.uk%2FESW%2FImages%2Fhofner_logo2.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.strumments.org.uk%2F&h=167&w=300&tbnid=fcVtBdqAyxsAWM%3A&zoom=1&docid=KFViYmN8pYyNxM&ei=iiqyU-PeO4eAogTpzYCwCw&tbm=isch&ved=0CCIQMygEMAQ&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1322&page=1&start=0&ndsp=15 http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.strumments.org.uk%2FESW%2FImages%2Fhofner_logo2.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.strumments.org.uk%2F&h=167&w=300&tbnid=fcVtBdqAyxsAWM%3A&zoom=1&docid=KFViYmN8pYyNxM&ei=iiqyU-PeO4eAogTpzYCwCw&tbm=isch&ved=0CCIQMygEMAQ&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1322&page=1&start=0&ndsp=15                   ___   V