Comments

Christian Tabaillon on June 1, 2011 at 12:26 PM said:

I appreciate your lessons because its simple and the concepts can be used immediatly. You give exemples.
In France teatching is a lot more théoric and its difficult to play that we learn.
Thank you very much.
Franz Dippl on May 31, 2011 at 9:32 AM said:

thank you so much for your lessons on 99centguitarlessons.com - I really enjoy learning with your videos, tabs and playalongs. Great job, man :-) I'm rediscovering my music with your lessons!

Please keep on groovin' like this,

Franz from Southern Bavaria/Germany
?????????? ????????? on May 31, 2011 at 9:31 AM said:

Greetings from Greece!! Mr Severson you are one of the most comprehensible teacher on the internet and you sound great..i have bought lots of your videos and they have helped me a lot.. my favorite guitar player is Wes Montgomery..I like his style and his music..Your video of "tear it down" was fantastic!! If you have the time please create an other more of Wes songs!!Thanks..
Michael Brinkman on May 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM said:

Rich Severson! Can’t tell you how happy I am to have found your site and you. Total package: great great player, arranger, teacher and communicator. After all these years of hacking away on guitar you and your site have rekindled my commitment to finally learning and playing music. Have purchased many of your arrangements and theory for the road… all great. Anyway enough accolades. Are you going to publish your arrangement to walking after midnight? Just came across it on youtube-excellent.
Loyal McAvoy on May 30, 2011 at 7:13 PM said:

Always thought you were a fine player.
Joey Corpus on May 30, 2011 at 7:10 PM said:

I ordered a boat load of stuff from your site and these are THE BEST instructionals I have ever come across! Far superior to any book or video that I've seen--and I own a ton of them. And I'm not even a guitarist! I'm a classically trained violinist whose first love is jazz. (I make my living in the classical world.) Your explanations, specially on the Insight videos, were worth their weight in gold. I was blessed out of my mind. Thank you! And I hope you continue putting out stuff.
gtrrobster on May 17, 2011 at 10:28 PM said:

Thanks Dr. Rich. As I have said for over 7 years since I bought your Jazz and Ryth/Theory lesson series, your teaching and presentation is simply the very best I have ever seen. i addition, your mini d/l lessons on chord melodies and inversions of m7 and M^ have helped me to understand guitar more than anything I have ever studied in my 30 yrs of playing. You are very thorough and exact, yet very patient and accessible. Thanks!!
John on April 30, 2011 at 5:30 PM said:

I'm already having great fun with the material. You play beautifully. Your right hand technique is so relaxed, effortless and efficient. I'm coming from a blues guitar background and have always picked the strings with too much force and effort.
Brad K. on April 30, 2011 at 5:27 PM said:

I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate these wonderful learning tools. You're a rare type of guy. You can play as good as anyone, you don't have an ego, and you can teach. "JACKPOT!!!"

Sincerely,
Brad K.
panos the greek on April 29, 2011 at 8:52 AM said:

Mr Severson,

I have many lessons of yours.. they are very helpful, each one with one or another way they made me a better player..Please make a Stella by starlight lesson..It's one of the greatest standards!!
John on March 24, 2011 at 6:04 AM said:

I had to come back and post a thank you. I've downloaded a few great songs that will be with me for life.
But the one that gives me heaven is the 12 jazz progressions off the dirty dozen jazz chords.

This is what i've needed for so long. As these chords and progressions soak into my fingers and psyche I can play beautiful jazz.
From an oldie
Best to all
John
Peter Smart on February 4, 2011 at 1:23 AM said:

After 3months of downloading quite a few 99ent Lessons I wanted to give my thoughts,At 80 yrs of age I may or may not be your oldest student-be that as it may I enjoy the lesson formats which are clear concise and to the point and easy to follow.The same applies to the videos as they give the feeling of a "one on one" private lesson.As you rightly advertise there are no monthly subscriptions as I didnt want to be locked into anyone site with requests to join.Finally I enjoy your playing in all styles and your approach to harmonising-my own playing has greatly improved greatly.So thanks Rich(and the rest of the team),If only I was 30 yrs younger...Ah well!
jesse sou pritchard on December 21, 2010 at 12:15 AM said:

Rich,

I?ve gotta hand it to you, your courses have helped me get from first position chords and bar power chords, to jazz inversions. Clean and to the point, guitarcollege was my college for guitar. Now I am famous, and own my own studio. Tks Rich for helping me with that!
Albert Craven on December 17, 2010 at 9:13 AM said:

Hi, I ordered your jazz licks lesson but I have received no confirmation. My e-mail is bs98903@peoplepc.com. Would someone please check on it. I love the way you play and am eager to learn. Thanks... Burle
Dave Fenner on December 13, 2010 at 12:21 PM said:

I love your lessons. They are the best guitar lessons I have had. When I grow up maybe I will really be a Jazz Guitarist, but at the age of 57 don't hold your breath.

Eastman Guitars Store