Comments

Don Geppert on December 1, 2010 at 7:32 PM said:

Love your $4.99 Guitar Tutorials .... please be encouraged to do more. Exceptionally well presented for those of us that just want to learn some songs and priced perfectly @ $4.99
David Sand on December 1, 2010 at 7:22 PM said:

This is just to thank you for the first-rate guitar instructional videos you continue to produce and offer through your Guitar College web site. There are many fine guitar player out there today offering good instructional videos but yours stand out in terms of their substance, comprehensiveness, and clarity.

You’ve found just the right balance between theory, technical information, and beautiful musical ideas, all presented in a conversational, relaxed way (spiced now and then with a little self-deprecating wit) that helps the struggling musician grasp something new and make it his own.

Although I have played guitar for many years, as I practice with your videos I continually find myself saying – Oh, that’s how you do that, that’s how you get that sound, that’s how you run those scales, that’s how you string those chords together, etc. And you cover not just the “how” of things but the “why” as well. It’s a tremendous help.

You’re raising a lot of boats with these videos I’m sure -- contributing to a higher standard of musicianship and music appreciation, and that’s a wonderful thing.

So again, many thanks and keep those videos coming.
Andrew on December 1, 2010 at 11:38 AM said:

Hello RIch,
My name is Andrew, and just wanted to say thanks for your guitar college/online lessons... And I hope you continue to do them!! I'm 35 and i've gotten more out of your lessons than all my years of buying books and searching the web combined. Its very refreshing, and thank you!
You're a great player, and i've become a fan... do/will you ever do any shows somewhere on the east coast/philly area? I'd love to see you gig sometime.
best wishes!
George berger on October 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM said:

I live in Zürich and learn Guitar but Guitar College is only One.

George
Smilinsteve on October 16, 2010 at 12:36 PM said:

Dont get me wrong, as Ive said before, this site is a great find, especially for those who are unable to afford private lessons, or college....the Blues potential lesson is by far and away the greatest single lesson offered ever for intermediate students....

...but, I'd like to see somewhat of a list of lessons in order, that build on each other....a list of your lessons from beginning to end...the whole course, especially for the beginner to the intermediate student!

For instance, the "Beginners" an "Chords" sections aren't necessarily in order...That would be great! Perhaps some
still shots of scale patterns in the Blues Scale Pattern Blending lessons would help as well....

Anyway...thats my two cents....I value every minute of every lesson I have taken here nonetheless! Rich's teaching is easy going and enjoyable to study from !

Thanks Very Much

Steve Stavropoulos (Smilinsteve)
George berger on October 14, 2010 at 12:18 PM said:

Hi Rich,

You are a Extraordinary Artist in Music that Amerika Must to Be proud of you. I'm very thankful for your help . God bless you

George
orrin larsen on October 3, 2010 at 7:27 PM said:

me like! thxs!
david ward on September 23, 2010 at 5:00 AM said:

Dear Rich,

You are a great player and teacher. Your lessons are sound in theory and execution, and your friendly way of explaining things in an encouraging manner is just perfect.
I have a friend who would really appreciate be-bopp bass lessons - any thoughts?

David
Smilinsteve on September 2, 2010 at 9:28 AM said:

Your blues potential video is one of the Greatest
guitar teaching videos in the history of Mankind. Period.
Breaking legions from the box........
Cant thank you enough for the joy Ive had jamming those
scale patterns! The new surge of creativity Ive had !
WOW!

I am so grateful after all these years !I feel liberated !
One thing I know, I gotta get a loop machine !
Your new enthusiastic student in Western mass...
P.S. Your stuff is worth every penny times ten !

Especially the Blues Potential package!!!!

Thanks so much!
Richard Savage on July 16, 2010 at 1:19 AM said:

Hi Rich,

I really enjoy the lessons focussing on particular jazz techniques like Bebop soloing and chord melody arrangements. I like the fact that they are short because this makes them easy to complete and gives me a sense of achievement. The price is good too, it's easy to justify spending a couple of dollars. Too often I (and I suspect many others) buy long instructional books or videos and never complete them.

The only thing I would like to ask for is a progressive set of jazz lessons, which I could follow like a tutored program, gradually increasing my knowledge and ability.

Thanks.
John Berry, Nottinghamshire, UK on July 15, 2010 at 2:20 PM said:

Many, many thanks for 99 cent guitar lessons. I've only been studying jazz guitar for three years but with your lessons Rich, some of my listeners think I've been playing jazz guitar for eons. Beautiful well constructed and demonstrated lessons. I've bought loads off you but I would just ask for one thing and I know I have asked you before. We do need some great backing tracks so that we can perform these pieces. Please a long Bb bebop jazz blues backing track with real drums and we must have a backing track to Wes' 'Tear it down' without the talking. I do know that there are quite a few backing track companies on line doing a roaring business and I think this would help sell more of your lessons. Thanks so much and would love to hear from you soon. John
Dave Wolfenden ( UK ) on July 14, 2010 at 1:49 PM said:

I purchased `Girl from Ipanema` a few days ago, and I must tell you how pleased I am with the quallity of the chord solo and also how good your website is.. I`ll be sending for more soon.
Lowell Kenyan on March 20, 2010 at 7:20 PM said:

This is the best guitar coaching period. Simply amazing. I've played guitar for 30 years and Rich shows me something new every time. I'm grateful.
Alain Hardy on February 25, 2010 at 3:53 PM said:

Hello I have ordered some of your stuff recently.
Bebop Blues, Bebop Blues Builders ( recently added )
I would love it if you could offer a single notes solo
of the song FLY ME TO THE MOON
I would buy it for sure!
Let me know!
Thanks. alain.hardy@sympatico.ca
Adam Stout on February 18, 2010 at 10:27 AM said:

Thank you so much! I can honestly say using these lessons I have gone from having trouble with "Hotel California" to ripping through Steve Vai and the like in 6 months. Wow!!!!! I would be happy to give any testimonial.

Eastman Guitars Store