Comments

James Gordon on August 3, 2009 at 9:24 PM said:

Your lessons are always great----on the Wes Licks you really distilled the 'essence of Wes'. Over the years I have seen many attempts to explain his style of octave-playing but you really got to the heart of the matter like no other. This is the first time that I got the rhythm and the harmony behind those octave lines. It's obvious that you really love Wes and you have put a lot of thought and analysis into getting the sound. You are a wonderful teacher. Please keep up
the great work.
Horace Innis on August 3, 2009 at 9:22 PM said:

Thank you so much for the time and effort in putting the lessons together and making it available to me and all the others who have been fortunate to find your website.
Edgar Villanueva Reyes on August 3, 2009 at 5:14 PM said:

Your instructional material has won me over so convincingly, that I just had to have the whole thing covering both the audio (Theory & Technique and Jazz courses) as well as practically all the videos dealing with the Jazz and Fingerstyle studies.

Lately I find that when I go into a music store, I don't have the need anymore to keep buying Jazz methods. Your material has seemed to have healed me of that compulsion.

My wife thanks you very much (LoL)

Just love your style and presentation on the whole subject.

Keep it coming, I'm a fan 4 Life!
Will Alexander on August 3, 2009 at 4:53 PM said:

Just wanted to say thanks for all your great teaching..really makes a difference. I feel I have grown as a musician. Looking forward to new videos. Hope to see one on argeggios.
Will Alexander on August 3, 2009 at 4:43 PM said:

Jean-Bernard on July 24, 2009 at 12:50 PM said:

Hi Rich! I enjoy a lot learning urs fingerstyle chord melody. Did U plan to post somes songs like Sunny, Caravan ?
Greg Purpura on July 15, 2009 at 6:50 AM said:

Hello Rich - I have been working with your "Theory for the Road" course. Thanks for providing such a great course for a mere 20 bucks! (from facebook)
Jim Dolinski on July 15, 2009 at 6:48 AM said:

Rich has a real talent for teaching. I tell everyone I can to check out Rich's methods. His materials are very well done and presented. I have experience with his jazz oriented courses and offerings. (from facebook)
Jon Ellison on July 15, 2009 at 6:44 AM said:

Let me say how much I have been enjoying the "99 cent lessons". I have purchased several of them & will continue to. They help me focus on various aspects of my playing that I simply would not do if let to my own devices. Thanks a million!
Steve Tanner on June 18, 2009 at 11:39 AM said:

I just finished my first review of the 13 guitar chord licks and they are such an eye opener I can't believe it. I have heard some of these licks used in tunes for years and never could have figured them out on my own. You continue to amaze me and with your outstanding playing and teaching techniques. With your help I am becoming a little better each day.

Thanks a million, cause that's what its worth,
timothy Jameson on June 16, 2009 at 7:50 PM said:

I've been enjoying playing your jazz renditions of Over the Rainbow and When You Wish Upon a Star. Thanks so much for enriching my life with your lessons online. It's helped my abilities with guitar as a worship leader too...
Terri K on June 15, 2009 at 11:38 AM said:

I just received the deluxe college starter e-pack last week, and so far it's the best thing I bought ever for guitar study!
Eric E. on June 15, 2009 at 11:36 AM said:

Your blues playing is just fantastic Rich.
Greg Hartline on March 29, 2009 at 4:17 PM said:

Hey Rich:
I love your trio version of "Autumn Leaves". Any chance you're going to produce an instructional video of that soon?
Greg
Eddie Villanueva on February 17, 2009 at 11:57 AM said:

I've been playing and collecting study material for guitar since 1971. (Homespun, Hot Licks, DVD's, cassettes, computer media, you name it) and all I can say is that I kick myself for not having jumped on your course when I first spotted it years ago.

Now that I've downloaded some of your lessons, in particular the Jazz material, it has opened up my eyes to how Jazz guitar should really be taught. Especially from the "Standards" perspective you take since eventually we Jazzers need to build a nice repertoire of songs to perform anyway.

Most courses just spend too much time teaching technique and chords and scales and arpeggios, but then leave you sort of wondering how does this all work within the framework of a song? Your course tackles this nicely and I feel that in just the short time I have been working with some of your songs I have progressed so much farther than other courses that had me spining around in circles.

I wasted so many years on just grasping a concept here and a concept there just to fill in the missing pieces of the overall puzzle. I sort of feel like the Prodigal son coming back home to his father who always had the answers he may have been searching for to begin with.

I'm going to stay on board and continue to work with your material because I feel there is a wealth of information here that is going to help me shorten my path to my overall goal. Plus your overall experience and knowledge clearly shows in your playing and attitude. I'm sure glad I came back and took a second look!
Thanks,

D'AddarioD'Addario Eastman Guitars StoreD'AddarioD'Addario http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.strumments.org.uk%2FESW%2FImages%2Fhofner_logo2.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.strumments.org.uk%2F&h=167&w=300&tbnid=fcVtBdqAyxsAWM%3A&zoom=1&docid=KFViYmN8pYyNxM&ei=iiqyU-PeO4eAogTpzYCwCw&tbm=isch&ved=0CCIQMygEMAQ&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1322&page=1&start=0&ndsp=15 http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.strumments.org.uk%2FESW%2FImages%2Fhofner_logo2.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.strumments.org.uk%2F&h=167&w=300&tbnid=fcVtBdqAyxsAWM%3A&zoom=1&docid=KFViYmN8pYyNxM&ei=iiqyU-PeO4eAogTpzYCwCw&tbm=isch&ved=0CCIQMygEMAQ&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1322&page=1&start=0&ndsp=15                   ___   V