Header Graphic Header Graphic
Comments

Robert Collins on February 15, 2012 at 8:21 PM said:

Dear Rich Severson, Thank you so very much for the free lesson Some where over the Rainbow.simplified,
It is only my first year into jazz guitar, having played classical for a lot of years, your lessons are
so easy to understand and follow,myself like many others will find your expertise teaching abilities fantastic.
Its like finding GOLD, I will without doubt be sending for more material,and passing the word.
Mario Paparozzi, Ph.D. Professor and Chair, Depar on February 14, 2012 at 9:18 PM said:

A couple of months ago, while looking for something on youtube, I stumbled upon you and your lessons. I went to you website, and bought a lesson on Green Dolphin Street. After that I bought your diminished scale and Jazz 101 lessons. I was wondering if you also sell DVDs of the lessons. I like being able to download them from the links, but I would like to have hard copies (actual DVDs) just in case someday the links no longer work.

I have been playing for 40+ years. Now at age 62, I finally have a bit more time to devote to studying and practicing. I gig every weekend, but I am still a neophyte when it comes to jazz soloing. My goal has always been to integrate jazz type solos into my rock/blues playing. I love the fact that your lessons are written in musical notation. I think that it is important for guitar players to learn how to read music - I am trying. Your teaching style is superb. I have watched countless instructional videos over the years. Like you, many of the players are terrific. Unlike you, they do not have the ability to actually teach the material effectively. I may never master the material that you teach at the level that I would love to, but I certainly wil die trying to do so.

If you can recommend some of your lessons that I should pursue initially, I would appreciate that. Finally, I noticed that you sometimes do workshops. Is there a way that I can find out about the workshops?

Thanks again for being such a great teacher!
Lenny Cirignano on February 13, 2012 at 2:38 PM said:

I recently discovered your 99cent lessons and am really enjoying your Autumn Leaves videos. I have been a guitar student for many years (with and without teachers) and really appreciate your very practical and musical chord comping and chord melody arrangements. I'm looking forward to working through the other videos I purchased. Your videos are just what I needed to make noticeable progress. Thanks for a great resource.
Duncan Herring on December 29, 2011 at 6:09 PM said:

I downloaded your Christmas recordings today. What a great gift. And every time I practice, I appreciate the wonderful lessons that I purchased from your site.

Thank you so much.
Pete on December 1, 2011 at 11:07 AM said:

Great stuff- filling in alot of gaps for me! I'll be ordering more....
Don Geppert on November 28, 2011 at 9:51 AM said:

I recently discovered your site (through searching on U-Tube for an arrangement of Tenderly).

Anyways, I purchased two arrangements (Tenderly and Sleepwalk) and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation style. The video along with the excellent tab/notation pdf were picture perfect for learning the song. I was a college teacher for 26 years so I know what education presentation is all about. Your's is first class.
Nick Bryant on November 26, 2011 at 6:48 AM said:

Just wanted to let you know that I just began working on When You Wish Upon a Star. I am very happy with your lessons and plan on coming back for many many more. Great Job.
Frank Spinelli on November 25, 2011 at 11:24 PM said:

The 21 jazz chord licks I just purchased is a real eye opener and very useful to me
Anthony Perano on November 22, 2011 at 8:44 AM said:

I downloaded a lesson yesterday and all features worked fine. It was BeBop builders and I would like you to know it was the best lesson I have had - it really put the concepts together with the practice - and nice and simple. Although I play piano - there are not any sites that come close to yours in substance. Also -you play a mean guitar.
Steve deLaet on November 21, 2011 at 8:56 PM said:

Just wanted you to know that I really appreciate your quick response and I think you have a great thing going. Your teaching method is really outstanding. I'll be a good customer since this complements my guitar lessons so well.

Yes, I'll spread the word.
Michael Murray on November 15, 2011 at 8:57 AM said:

I have been working on some of your “Chord Moves” ................some wonderful ideas and progressions that are easily adapted into many standard jazz tunes.
I wish I had discovered you and been learning from you much sooner.
Okay, so I’m an extremely late bloomer.
All the best.
Frank Reina on November 10, 2011 at 9:22 AM said:

I really like your approach and with some hard work on my part, believe
your instruction video's will make me a much better player
Greg Rengering on November 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM said:

Thank you for these lovely and interesting chord licks. These are the types of ideas that I want to incorporate into my fingerstyle playing. You are a wonderful
teacher and I'm grateful to have found your website. As Chet Atkins once said about Lenny Breau, "if it wasn't for Lenny, I don't think that I would have any licks".
Thanks again and please keep up these lovely musical ideas.
Mike Odell on October 8, 2011 at 4:09 PM said:

I'm learning so much from your lessons and have been building my guitar library with them. Keep up the great work. Any chance you could do a lesson on the solo you did on the Pick Up the Pieces jam track. That was a great solo and I'd love to learn it.
Dennis Kaperick on September 21, 2011 at 11:42 AM said:

I just want to thank you for your unselfish approach to teaching. I have been playing and teaching guitar almost 50 years and I have learned so much from your arrangements. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Eastman Guitars Store